I was pleasantly surprised to recieve a nomination for a Liebster Award from Beth at Wonderlion today! I was also really pleased to discover Beth’s blog – its full of lovely photography and I adore the name, ‘Wonderlion’ makes me think of Roar by Roger Hargreaves!
It turns out this award aims to help readers find blogs who have under 200 followers. I’m always interested in finding new blogs to follow, so I’m giving this a go.
Now, I don’t know what mechanism the followers count should be based on as it could be GFC followers if the blog is a Blogger one, or WordPress followers, or Blog Lovin’ or Hello Cotton… etc etc. So, I will use my best judgement when it comes to my nominees. I must say, I found it really quite tricky to find blogs with less than 200 followers. It’s taken me about three hours to compile a list I was happy with! Scroll down to see who I picked, or keep reading for the rules and my answers to Beth’s questions.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for your nominees
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post
- Go to their page and tell them
- No tag backs!
Here goes with my entry!
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I’m obsessed with Scandinavia: the landscape, the design ethos, the people, I’m in love with Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Iceland!
- I’m a big fan of MORRISSEY and The Smiths
- I used to want to be a video artist like Bill Viola or early David Lynch
- I’m a size 12/14 but my bra size is a 28 (I know! Freaky!)
- I’m a compulsive crafter: knitting, crochet, quilting, sewing…
- I love animals especially owls and cats
- I watch every episode of Twin Peaks at least twice a year
- My favourite place in the UK is any Center Parcs
- I grew up on a little farm in Devon with ducks, chickens, ponies and cows
- Every few years I try to learn German with little success
- I collect novelty jumpers and anything with animals on
Questions from Beth at Wonderlion:
1) What’s your vision for your blog?
I’m trying to work this out at the moment! I have signed up to the Blog Love course made by the ladies at A Beautiful Mess to help me try to crystalise my vision.
2) Do you have any hobbies besides blogging?
Yes! Many! At any one time I may be crafting something, learning something new, taking photos, cooking… the list goes on!
3) What’s your favourite brand?
Makeup: Benefit or Sleek or MAC (I’m rubbish at picking just one thing!)
Clothes: Louche or Vero Moda
4) Is there anything your readers would be surprised to know about you? If so, what is it?
I harbour dreams of buying a plot of forest and building a log cabin in it and going to live there in some sort of creative-crafty paradise. The cabin would be filled with mid-century collectables, quilts and rustic wooden furniture.
5) Do you have an idol? If so, who and why?
Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden: he does so many things beyond Maiden: pilot, fencer, writer, film maker etc. He’s amazing, and wow, what a voice.
6) What do you look for in a blog?
I like beautiful photos and pictures and a sense of humour. I also like bloggers to have opinions of their own – not just ‘me too!’ content. I also like blogs to be easy to read and well laid out. I also like them to have a variety of subjects, not just one thing.
7) What’s your dream job?
I’m pretty lucky to do what I do and where I work at the moment is brilliant, so I feel like I am almost doing my dream job now. Ultimately though, I want to run my own company, and I have aspirations of creating the new Etsy / Flickr / Ravelry and gathering my favourite colleagues and digital friends to work with me!
8) Do you have any tips for people thinking of starting blogs?
Do it for yourself and be happy with that. Anything else is a bonus.
9) What’s your favourite item of clothing and why?
10) Do you have an object that’s special to you? Why?
Its not an object, but my cat Kiki is incredibly important to me. My cat-baby! (yes I am pretty weird!)
11) What’s your favourite song at the moment?
Never Going Back Again by Fleetwood Mac
And now on to my questions for my nominees:
My questions for nominees:
- What is your favourite boutique or independent shop and why?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- What is your favourite nail polish?
- If you could go on holiday anywhere, where would you go?
- What’s your favourite take away?
- Tea or coffee?
- What are you saving up for/lusting after most at the moment?
- What is your favourite blog you follow?
- Do you do any crafts?
- Recommend a TV show that you think is brilliant
- Out of everywhere, where would you like to live?
L from Glamburger
Ella at Sincerely Ella
Jessica at Living Like A Lindstrom
Stacie from LegallyLippy
Louise from Confetti Letters
Gemma from MissMakeupMagpie
Olivia from De Janvier Fleur
Hannah from Just Make Do
Holly from Summerhollydays
Victoria from Victoria Coeurdor
Aimee from All About The Joy
If you choose to take part, please send me a link to your post!
Thanks again to Beth for nominating me